I almost always prefer to run with someone than by myself, even if I am able to take in iPod or something along with me. However, on the off chance I do run solo with music or am on the treadmill, there are certain songs that I love to hear come on. If I hear them blaring on a stereo before or during a race, they are sure to get me pumped up:
1) Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
2) 500 Miles (I'm Gonna Be) - The Proclaimers
3) Chariots of Fire - Vangelis
4) We are the Champions - Queen
5) Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti
6) Beautiful Day - U2
7) Fix You - Coldplay
8) Your Hand in Mine - Explosions in the Sky
9) Under Pressure - David Bowie & Queen
10) Reader's Choice - What am I missing that should be included?
This is by no means a concrete top 10 (I find my musical tastes are continually changing), but these just reflect my preferences at the moment.
Various individual(s) expressing their thoughts on running and the impact on everyday life.